- Targeted to college-aged students and beyond
- Participate virtually in crash-course in reproductive health
- Topics include anatomy, puberty, sexual biology, contraception, reproductive disorders, and oncofertility
This is a crash-course in human reproductive health taught by Dr. Teresa Woodruff using fact and biology-based information on a variety of topics. This MOOC is designed to educate national and international students interested in reproductive health from a biological foundation. The overall objective of this MOOC is to ensure students understand reproductive health and have an authoritative resource for information packaged in a way that is memorable and usable in their own lives.
This course covers reproductive anatomy, key biological changes during puberty, sexual biology and contraceptive methods, reproductive disorders, and a special introduction to the exciting field of Oncofertility. Specific lecture titles are as follows:
- Reproductive Anatomy & Hormones
- Menstrual Cycle, Oocyte Maturation, & Sperm Activation
- Sexual Biology, Fertilization, & Contraception
- Reproductive Health & Disorders
The objective of this course is to ensure an understanding of reproductive health and not conflate reproduction with sex (or having sex). Reproductive health is an area of knowledge that needs to be demystified. This course was designed to examine reproduction through a biological and scientific lens addressing these issues in a comfortable and interactive format that will lead to a better understanding of holistic health, long-term.